I served this dish with donabe steamed vegetables at a summer festival at the shop and it was such a big hit among the guests. You can (literally) just whip it up with all the high quality pantry ingredients to create this creamy high-protein dip with rich sesame flavors and aromatic kick from Stone-Ground Sansho Powder. Besides the steamed vegetables, this dip is also great with sandwich, steaks, or just with crackers.
About 1 1/2 cup (360 ml)
- 1 can (15 oz / 420 g) garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed, and drained well
- 2 tablespoons golden sesame paste
- 2 tablespoons liquid shio-koji
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons golden sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons roasted golden sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sansho powder
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a food processor. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the sesame seeds and sansho powder. Mix well.
- Serve with steamed vegetables or crackers.
We served hundreds of servings of donate-steamed vegetables with sansho hummus at the summer festival, and they were so popular!
About the measurements used in our recipes
- 1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml
1 cup = 240 ml
1 inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml