Daidai Asatsuki Dare
Very aromatic Daidai Citrus Juice and the umami-rich Ayu Fish Sauce create such a brightly refreshing flavor, and the generous amount of chives gives the nice herbal touch to the sauce. The golden sesame oil brings nutty character. This sauce takes no time to make, and it's very versatile. So, enjoy with simple steamed fish, chicken, tofu, etc.
About 1/4 cup (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons ayu fish sauce (can substitute with soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons fresh daidai citrus juice (can substitute with fresh yuzu juice)
- 1 teaspoon raw brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon golden sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Sliced dry chili (can substitute with red chili flakes) to taste
- Whisk together all the ingredients.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for the steamed fish, etc.
About the measurements used in our recipes
For rice measurement, traditional Japanese rice measurement is used.
- 1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml
Other conversions (US to metric measures)
1 cup = 240 ml1
1 inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml