Light dish with rich flavor
Soup & Stew Donabe, "Miso-shiru Nabe" (large)
5 - 6
- 3 1/3 cups (800 ml) dashi stock
- 14 oz (400 g) soft or medium-firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 cup salt-preserved wakame seaweed, rinsed and cut into bite-size pieces (or 2 tablespoons cut dry wakame seaweed, rehydrated)
- 3.5 – 4 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 scallion, thinly-sliced crosswise (optional)
- In "Miso-shiru Nabe", heat the dashi stock over medium-heat. Bring to simmer.
- Add the tofu and wakame seaweed. Cover with lid, and bring it back to simmer. Turn the heat down to low.
- By using a ladle and whisk, dissolve the miso in the broth gently.
- Cover again and bring it to low-simmer over medium heat. Turn off the heat immediately.
- Serve into individual bowls and sprinkle some thinly-sliced scallion (optional).
About the measurements used in our recipes
For rice measurement, traditional Japanese rice measurement is used.
- 1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml
Other conversions (US to metric measures)
1 cup = 240 ml1
inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml