Tofu tastes richer when steamed in donabe
Donabe steamer, "Mushi Nabe" (large)
4 as an appetizer
- 14 oz (400 g) medium-firm tofu
- 5 oz (150 g) asparagus, trimmed, peeled, and cut in half
- black sesame sauce
- thinly-sliced scallion
- Get "Mushi Nabe" ready according to the basic steaming instructions.
- Place the tofu in the center of the steam grate.
- Cover with lid and steam for 5 minutes over upper medium-high heat.
- Add the asparagus. Cover again and cook for 2-3 minute.
- Uncover at the table and slice the tofu into desired-size pieces. Serve with the black sesame sauce and scallion.
Once the tofu is steamed, slice and serve immediately. Serve with the generous amount of the sauce and scallion.
About the measurements used in our recipes
For rice measurement, traditional Japanese rice measurement is used.
- 1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml
Other conversions (US to metric measures)
1 cup = 240 ml1
inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml