It's shrimp a la toban!
Iga-yaki skillet, "Toban" (small)
2 as part of a multi-course meal
- 8 oz (240 g) medium to large size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- some chopped cilantro
- lemon wedges
- some toasted bread
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
- Heat the olive oil in the toban over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook both sides.
- When the shrimp is almost cooked through, add the garlic and oregano. Sauté until aromatic.
- Garnish with cilantro, and serve with lemon wedges and toasted bread immediately.
- You can soak the bread in the sauce…it’s very nice.
About the measurements used in our recipes
For rice measurement, traditional Japanese rice measurement is used.
- 1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml
Other conversions (US to metric measures)
1 cup = 240 ml1
inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml