Simple asparagus with great flavors
Tagine-style donabe, "Fukkura-san" (large)
2 - 3 as part of a multi-course meal
- 10 oz asparagus, hard bottom trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 piece preserved lemon, minced (*each piece is 1/8 of medium-size lemon)
- Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Peel about 1/3 end of each asparagus by using a peeler.
- Place the asparagus in the skillet of "Fukkura-san" and add the olive oil. Toss the asparagus by hand so they are evenly coated with the oil, and arrange them in a single layer.
- Cover with lid and set over medium heat. Cook for about 7 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp tender. Meanwhile, turn the asparagus 1-2 times.
- Remove from the heat and uncover at the table. Garnish the asparagus with the preserved lemon and some Parmigiano Reggiano plus some pepper.
About the measurements used in our recipes
- 1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml
1 cup = 240 ml1
inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml