Made from Japanese mayonnaise, Yuzu juice, Yuzu-Kosho, and chives, this is a super quick dipping sauce which can be made with everything I always have in my fridge, and it always tastes so good. You can adjust the amount of the yuzu-kosho according to your taste. This sauce is great with Salt-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes made in Fukkura-san, or grilled vegetables, fish, etc.
About 1/4 cup (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise (I recommend Japanese Kewpie brand)
- 1 teaspoon yuzu-kosho
- 1 teaspoon fresh yuzu juice (can substitute with fresh lemon juice)
- Whisk together all the ingredients.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for the steam-roasted potatoes, grilled fish, etc.
Serving suggestion: with donabe Steam-Roasted Potatoes
About the measurements used in our recipes
For rice measurement, traditional Japanese rice measurement is used.
- 1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml
Other conversions (US to metric measures)
1 cup = 240 ml1
1 inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml