Artisanal Shiro Shoyu Made of Japanese Wheat and Sea Salt
White Tamari by Nitto JozoTO-42
Started in 1938, Nitto Jozo produces artisanal white tamari utilizing Japanese wheat, sea salt and mountain spring water from the mountains of Toyota.
In stark contrast to "dark" soy sauce, white tamari is made up of only wheat, salt and water. It is used to highlight ingredients in a dish. Nitto Jozo uses locally grown wheat, Japanese sea salt, mountain spring water and koji to make their shiro tamari. The nose is strong malty, with koji and white miso notes, which perfectly highlights it's sweet, salty and strong umami flavor.
Mrs. Donabe's Recipe Suggestions
Mixed Mushroom Rice
Earthy Burdock Root Rice
Japanese-style Simmered Kabocha
Japanese Beef & Potato Stew
Soup Udon with Steamed Vegetables
Chicken Meatball Hot Pot in Miso Broth
Taro and Konnyaku Stew
Egg Drop Vegetable Soup
Chicken Wings & Daikon Hot Pot
- Net weight: 10.5 oz. | 300 ml
- Product weight: 20.5 oz | 582 g
- Ingredients: Water, Wheat, Sea Salt, Rice Wine Spirit
- Producer: Nitto Jozo
- Origin: Aichi, Japan
Usage & Care
- NOT Gluten Free
- Please refrigerate once open
- Usually ships out in-stock items within 3 business days of order.
- We use FedEx, USPS Priority Mail, or USPS First Class Mail to ship our products, depending on the size and weight of the package.
- Read about the shipping information and terms in our Customer Service Page.
- Free shipping with purchase of $375 or more! (Within Continental US only. Total purchase amount to qualify excludes free shipping offer items.)
- This item is not available to ship outside of Continental US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order for the shipment outside of Continental US, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.
- This item is not available to ship outside of the US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.