Hoping to share a little happiness at the table with people all over the world, Zoho-Gama, located in Tajimi City in Gifu Prefecture, has been maintaining local traditions in manufacturing ceramic goods with excellent hand-drawn techniques since 1944. They strive to enhance your daily dining experience with easy-to-use tableware with quality and craftmanship you can see and feel.
Mino-yaki earthenware is specialty pottery produced in the Mino Region (around current Toki City) of Gifu prefecture which began in the 7th century. Mino-yaki continues to adapt to modern lifestyles while preserving its history and tradition. One of the signature characteristics of Mino-yaki earthenware is its diversity. Mino-yaki does not adhere to a single form, as it has over 15 registered types of traditional handicraft in Japan.
Tsubaki - The Elegant Flower in Japan
Tsubaki is a traditionally esteemed flower in Japan, and the motif has appeared in many master pieces across art and culture. Zoho-Gama's Tsubaki series features tegaki, the artisanal technique of hand drawing. As a result, each illustrated tsubaki possess a one-of-kind beauty.
To achieve the stunning orange-hued red color, Zoho-Gama uses a red color pigment called Bengara, produced by a 200-year historic pigment vendor Katayama House, who was established in Okayama during Edo Period. Zoho-Gama further more grinds and blends the pigments over the course of 1,000 days to create a vibrant paint. As you use the piece, its color will experience nuanced changes making each piece even more personal.
Coming with a stainless steel strainer, this tea pot combines beauty and function. Against the deep red background, the beauty of white "tsubaki" camellia really stands out. The tsubaki flowers can be seen on the body of the pot, with one flower on the lid. It has a gold rim on the tip of pouring mouth.
- Size: 6" x 4 " x 3.6" high | 15.5 cm x 10 cm x 9 cm high
- Product Weight: 10.6 oz | 300 g
Origin: Gifu, Japan
Usage and Care
- This product is not microwave-safe. Do not set the product on any other direct heat.
- Hand wash only. Make sure to dry completely before storing. This product is not dishwasher safe.
- Food should not be stored in the product, as the porous clay could absorb the moisture and smell of the contents over time.
- Avoid any sharp temperature change on the product, as it could cause cracking.
- Do not freeze the product, as it might crack.