Hoping to share a little happiness at the table with people all over the world, Zoho-Gama, located in Tajimi City in Gifu Prefecture, has been maintaining local traditions in manufacturing ceramic goods with excellent hand-drawn techniques since 1944. They strive to enhance your daily dining experience with easy-to-use tableware with quality and craftmanship you can see and feel.
Mino-yaki earthenware is specialty pottery produced in the Mino Region (around current Toki City) of Gifu prefecture which began in the 7th century. Mino-yaki continues to adapt to modern lifestyles while preserving its history and tradition. One of the signature characteristics of Mino-yaki earthenware is its diversity. Mino-yaki does not adhere to a single form, as it has over 15 registered types of traditional handicraft in Japan.
Tsubaki - The Elegant Flower in Japan
Tsubaki is a traditionally esteemed flower in Japan, and the motif has appeared in many master pieces across art and culture. Zoho-Gama's Tsubaki series features tegaki, the artisanal technique of hand drawing. As a result, each illustrated tsubaki possess a one-of-kind beauty.
To achieve the stunning orange-hued red color, Zoho-Gama uses a red color pigment called Bengara, produced by a 200-year historic pigment vendor Katayama House, who was established in Okayama during Edo Period. Zoho-Gama further more grinds and blends the pigments over the course of 1,000 days to create a vibrant paint. As you use the piece, its color will experience nuanced changes making each piece even more personal.
The sauce cruet comes with a saucer that also has a hand-drawn "tsubaki" camellia flower design. This sauce cruet is ideal for pouring soy sauce, vinegar, ponzu, or other liquid condiments at your table.
- Size: Cruet 2" x 3" high | 5.5 cm x 7.5 cm high, Saucer 2.6" diameter x 0.6" high | 6.5 cm diameter x 1.5 cm high
- Product Weight: 3.5 oz | 100 g
Origin: Gifu, Japan
Usage and Care
- This product is not microwave-safe. Do not set the product on any other direct heat.
- Hand wash only. Make sure to dry completely before storing. This product is not dishwasher safe.
- Food should not be stored in the product, as the porous clay could absorb the moisture and smell of the contents over time.
- Avoid any sharp temperature change on the product, as it could cause cracking.
- Do not freeze the product, as it might crack.