Nature Ave - Beauty and Utility
Based in Gifu Prefecture, Nature Ave works with local artisans to create their goods with beauty and utility. These artisans focus on a sleek, modern look for their cookware and tableware.
Mino-yaki earthenware is specialty pottery produced in the Mino Region (around current Toki City) of Gifu prefecture which began in the 7th century. Mino-yaki continues to adapt to modern lifestyles while preserving its history and tradition. One of the signature characteristics of Mino-yaki earthenware is its diversity. Mino-yaki does not adhere to a single form, as it has over 15 registered types of traditional handicraft in Japan.
Sho Wooden Handle Dobin Teapot Set (Peach)
This dobin is made of stoneware and fired at about 2,300 F (1,260 C) degrees, so it's extra durable. This tea set is presented by SALIU, a brand by Nature Ave. SALIU is a collection of fine tableware made in Gifu, Japan.
The Dobin and Cups bear a gentle peach colored glaze with a soft shine. This color is called Momo in Japanese, and it's been a beloved color in Japan for centuries.
The wood handle, which was applied to the pot individually by hand by craftsmen, allows you to serve tea from the Dobin to the Cups with ease since it will not get hot. And, the finely-perforated tall stainless steel strainer ensures that both the brewing and cleaning processes are easier and more efficient.
Also included in the set is a pair of authentic, high-quality Yamazakura Wood Coasters to mount the two Tea Cups. The wood is sourced locally in Gifu Prefecture and because wild cherry trees are sturdy and durable, the coasters are resilient to scratches. The wood develops character with use, changing its color to deep amber, which is one of the fun features of this hand-crafted item.
The set comes in SALIU's original gift box and makes it an ideal gift for someone or yourself. The items of the gift set are carefully wrapped in a fine cloth.
Included in the set are a wooden handle Dobin (ceramic pot), two ceramic Tea Cups, and two Yamazakura (Japanese Cherry Wood) Tea Coasters.
- Size: 5.5" x 4.2" x 5.4" | 14 cm x 11 cm x 14 cm
- Weight: 11 oz | 310 g
- Capacity: 14 fl. oz | 420 ml
- Size: 2" x 2.5" | 4.8 cm x 6.5 cm
- Weight: 4 oz | 120 g
- Capacity: 150 ml | 5 fl. oz
- Size: 4" diameter x 0.5" height | 10 cm diameter x 1.2 cm height
- Material: Porcelain (Dobin & Cups), Wood (Handle), Japanese Cherry Wood "Yamazakura" (Coasters), Stainless Steel (Strainer)
- Producer: Nature Ave (SALIU brand)
- Origin: Gifu, Japan
Usage and Care
- This product should not be set over any direct heat.
- Hand wash only.
- Use soft sponge or washcloth and wash with mild dish soap.
- If there is a tea stain inside the pot, let 1 teaspoon of baking soda and hot water sit inside the pot for 1 hour, empty, then rinse.
- Avoid a metal or any other rough scrub, as it could damage the surface of the product.
- Do not soak the wooden handle.
- Dry completely before storing.
- Do not use in microwave.