Classic-style All-purpose DonabeProduct#
- Usually ships within 3 business days.
- Free shipping with purchase of $375 or more! (within Continental US only)
- Our minimum order is $35.
Share this Product
Classic Iga-yaki Donabe. Ideal for 2 - 4 people.
- Size: 26.5 cm (10.5") x W32.5 cm (13") – incl. handles x H15 cm (6")
- Capacity: 1,500 ml (about 6 cups)
- Weight: 2.5 kg (about 5.5 lbs)
Ideal for individual serving.
- Size: 20 cm (8") x W26.5 cm (10.5") – incl. handles x H12 cm (4.75")
- Capacity: 750 ml (about 3 cups)
- Weight: 1.5 kg (about 3 lbs)
Classic Iga-yaki Donabe, "Rikyu-Tokusa"
Classic-style donabe for many different purposes
This is a very classic-style donabe which you can use for many different kinds of dishes. In Japan, almost every household has at least one classic-style donabe and use it to cook a variety of hot pot dishes including shabu shabu and sukiyaki on tabletop with your family and friends. The classic-style donabe is also ideal for stewing or braising. Because Iga clay has the higher heat-resistance, you can cook with it over gas range or in the oven.
Traditional Japanese “tokusa” motif – Very delicate brush touch of light gray lines. The name comes from the “tokusa” plant, which grows thin straight leaves. This brush work requires highly skilled artisan’s hand.
General Product Information
- Clay Pot (Ceramic)
- Made by Nagatani-en
- Origin: Iga, Japan
- The parts consist of the pot (bottom part) and the top lid
- The package also includes an English instruction sheet
- Not suitable for dishwasher