The marvelous handmade Karai series turmbler reveals a soft and graceful form like a flower bud. Its shape, with a wide base and narrow rim enhances the nose of wine and whiskey and the floral scents of sake and iced tea. Karai is made by a Japanese traditional technique honed by Hirota family craftworks, made over generations of care. Each Karai enjoys its own individual uniqueness of color and pattern. There are two colors available, amber and clear. Each shows the beauty of Japanese kannyu, in which cracked patterns in glassware are intentional, making no two pieces the same. Each Karai Kannyu comes in its own elegant custom wood box, making this glassware the perfect gift. The Karai series embodies the Japanese concept of wabi-sabi as well, turning a beautiful and functional glass into an object of philosophical appreciation.
Authentic Tokyo Glassware
Made with only the finest materials by highly skilled artisans in Tokyo, Hirota Glass has excelled in making the most beautiful glass tableware. Founded in 1899 by Kinta Hirota in Kinshi, Sumida ward, Tokyo, Hirota Glass has established itself as one of the pioneers of Japanese glassware. Now the company is under the 4thgeneration glassmaker, Tatsuro Hirota, and has evolved its own signature style through harmonizing traditional European glass techniques with Japanese artistry. Hirota Glass stays true to its classic designs and influences dating back to the pre-war period, continuing to push hand-crafted glass to its artistic limits.
- Size: 3.4” diameter x 3.7” high | 8.7 cm diameter x 9.5 cm high
- Weight: 5.4 oz | 150 g
- Capacity: 10 fl oz | 300 ml
Producer: Hirota Glass
Origin: Tokyo, Japan
Usage and Care
- This product is not microwave-safe. This product should not be set over direct heat.
- This product is not dishwasher-safe. Hand wash only.
- Glass is very fragile. Please handle it gently and carefully. In the case of breakage, take care not to incur injury.
- Avoid any sharp temperature change on the product, as it could cause cracking.
- Scratched, cracked or chipped glassware may cause breakage. In such cases, please do not use the product.
- Please wash with a soft sponge. Some cleaners could make a scratch on the glass and cause damage.