Classic-style All-purpose DonabeProduct#
- Usually ships within 3 business days.
- Free shipping with purchase of $375 or more! (within Continental US only)
- Our minimum order is $35.
Share this Product
Classic Iga-yaki Donabe, ideal for 4 - 6 people.
- Size: 30.5 cm (12.25") x W36 cm (14.5") – incl. handles x H18.5 cm (7.5")
- Capacity: 3,000 ml (about 3 quarts)
- Weight: 3.5 kg (about 7 lbs)
Classic Iga-yaki Donabe, "Iga Ame-yu"
Authentic Iga-Yaki pottery, by Nagatani-en from Iga, Japan.
Iga-yaki is one of Japan’s most highly-regarded traditional ceramics, which is said to have originated in Iga, Mie-Prefecture in late 7th Century. Nagatani-en, founded in 1832, is the leading producer of Iga-yaki potteries. Nagatani-en’s product has been loved by both professional chefs and home cooks.
Classic-style donabe for many different purposes
This is a very classic-style donabe which you can use for many different kinds of dishes. In Japan, almost every household has at least one classic-style donabe and use it to cook a variety of hot pot dishes including shabu shabu and sukiyaki on tabletop with your family and friends. The classic-style donabe is also ideal for stewing or braising. Because Iga clay has the higher heat-resistance, you can cook with it over gas range or in the oven.
The beautiful curve with the shine of "Ame-yu" glaze. The deep bowl can simmer ingredients with the steady heat distribution, thanks to the effects of porous clay and the far infrared radiation (FIR).
General Product Information
- Clay Pot (Ceramic)
- Made by Nagatani-en
- Origin: Iga, Japan
- The parts consist of the skillet (bottom part) metal grate, and the lid
- The package also includes an English instruction sheet
- Not suitable for dishwasher