Classic-style All-purpose DonabeProduct#
- Usually ships within 3 business days.
- Free shipping with purchase of $375 or more! (within Continental US only)
- Our minimum order is $35.
Share this Product
Classic Iga-yaki Donabe. Ideal for 3 - 5 people.
- Size: 27 cm (10.75") x W32.5 cm (13") – incl. handles x H17.5 cm (7")
- Capacity: 2,500 ml (about 10 cups)
- Weight: 3 kg (about 6.5 lbs)
Same artistic details. Also ideal for individual serving.
- Size: 20 cm (8") x W25 cm (10") – incl. handles x H12 cm (4.75")
- Capacity: 750 ml (about 3 cups)
- Weight: 1.5 kg (about 3 lbs)
Classic Iga-yaki Donabe, "Hakeme (Brush)"
Authentic Iga-Yaki pottery, by Nagatani-en from Iga, Japan.
Iga-yaki is one of Japan’s most highly-regarded traditional ceramics, which is said to have originated in Iga, Mie-Prefecture in late 7th Century. Nagatani-en, founded in 1832, is the leading producer of Iga-yaki potteries. Nagatani-en’s product has been loved by both professional chefs and home cooks.
This is a very classic-style donabe which you can use for many different kinds of dishes. In Japan, almost every household has at least one classic-style donabe and use it to cook a variety of hot pot dishes including shabu shabu and sukiyaki on tabletop with your family and friends. The classic-style donabe is also ideal for stewing or braising. Because Iga clay has the higher heat-resistance, you can cook with it over gas range or in the oven.
The shallow inner body has the beautiful swirl design with the rustic shiny touch.
"Wabi-sabi" rustic beauty
The glaze on the surface has the classic rustic Iga-yaki look. The bumps and spots which sometimes look like unfinished or small cracks are what we appreciate as "Wabi-sabi"…esthetic of incomplete or non-perfect character.
General Product Information
- Clay Pot (Ceramic)
- Made by Nagatani-en
- Origin: Iga, Japan
- The parts consist of the pot (bottom part) and the top lid
- The package also includes an English instruction sheet
- Not suitable for dishwasher