Glass Pickle Maker
This convenient set provides you with everything you need for quick pickling. This set includes a glass jar, a glass weight stone and a lid. Quick pickles are commonly called Asa-Zuke ("light pickling") or Ichiya-Zuke ("overnight pickling") in Japanese and that's something many people enjoy daily at home. Simply salt your choice of vegetable(s) (such as cucumber, cabbage, daikon radish, etc.) lightly and let it pickle with the weight for 30 min, or apply your choice of recipe to make a quick and tasty pickled salad and condiments.
The glass jar is made of heat-proof glass so you can heat the vegetables in the microwave before pickling to help quicken the process. Plus, the shape and size is perfect for storing in the refrigerator without taking up much space.
HARIO - Japanese Quality Since 1921
Headquartered in Tokyo, HARIO has been dedicated to the design, production, and sale of heat proof glass since it was founded in 1921 and is the only heatproof glass manufacturer in Japan to have a factory.
- Size: 4.5" diamater x 6 " high | 11.5 cm x 15 cm
- Weight: 1 lbs 1 oz | 480 g
- Capacity: 500 ml | 0.5 quarts
Weight for Pickling
- Size: 3" diameter x 1.75" high | 7.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Weight: 9.6 oz | 270 g
Materials: Heatproof glass (glass jar), borosilicate glass (weight stone), polypropylene (lid), silicone rubber (gasket)
Origin: Japan (weight and bowl), Korea (lid)
Included in the package: glass jar, glass weight stone and lid
Usage and Care
- The glass bowl is microwave safe. Weight stones or lid cannot be used in the microwave.
- This product is dishwasher safe. Make sure to dry completely before storing.
- Do not use an abrasive cleanser or sponges.
- Do not place over direct heat or in the oven.
- Avoid any sharp temperature change on the product, as it could cause cracking.
- Do not freeze the product, as it might crack.