By 120+ year-old Brewery in Miyazu, Kyoto
Fuji Sushi Vinegar by Iio JozoTO-118
Iio Jozo is a 120+ year old vinegar producer located on the Sea of Japan near the town of Miyazu in Kyoto Prefecture. It produces what is arguably the highest quality rice vinegar in Japan by controlling the process from start to finish and sticking to traditional production methods.
This Sushi Vinegar ("sushi-zu" in Japanese) is a ready-to use special blend by Iio Jozo, made from their pure rice vinegar, brown sugar from Tanegashima Island, wildflower honey from Argentina, and Australian sea salt processed in Hyogo prefecture. Just by tasting on its own (you can try a small spoonful), you can taste how special this blend is and expand your ideas of cooking variations with this Sushi Vinegar.
For every 1 rice-cup (3/4 US cup or 180 ml) or rice (the measurement is the dry matter before cooking), as soon as the rice is ready (after resting 20 min after turning off the heat), add about 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of this Sushi Vinegar and fluff quickly and throughly.
Comments by Naoko
"This is a great multi-purpose rice vinegar blend, not only great for seasoning rice for sushi, but also for a variety of dishes. My go-to way is mixing the equal amount of Sushi Vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil (plus a dash of sesame oil, sometimes) to make a quick vinaigrette for my salad. I also drizzle this Sushi Vinegar straight to grilled vegetables and fish. Another way is using it straight as a dipping sauce for gyoza and other dumplings. So many ways to use this!"
Mrs. Donabe's Recipe Suggestions
- Net weight: 12.2 fl oz | 360 ml
- Product weight: 1 lb 6 oz | 630 g
- Ingredients: Water, Rice, Sugar, Honey, Salt
- Producer: Iio Jozo
- Origin: Kyoto, Japan
Usage & Care
- Store in a cool, dark place
- Usually ships out in-stock items within 3 business days of order.
- We use FedEx, USPS Priority Mail, or USPS First Class Mail to ship our products, depending on the size and weight of the package.
- Read about the shipping information and terms in our Customer Service Page.
- Free shipping with purchase of $375 or more! (Within Continental US only. Total purchase amount to qualify excludes free shipping offer items.)
- This item is not available to ship outside of Continental US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order for the shipment outside of Continental US, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.
- This item is not available to ship outside of the US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.