Premium Fish Sauce from Oita, Japan
Ayu Fish Sauce by Hara JirozaemonMT1604
Natural Additive-Free Seasoning
Hara Jirozaemon/ Maruhara is a traditional producer of soy sauce and miso, established in 1899 in Oita Prefecture, Japan.
Made only from ayu (sweet fish) and salt, Ayu Fish Sauce is a natural, additive-free seasoning. This sauce is intensely flavorful, and just a few drops added to a dish bring out the flavor and aroma of the ingredients. It can be used as a flavoring or finishing touch to a dish in all styles of cooking, from Japanese to French and Italian.
Brings Out Umami
Ayu Fish Sauce contains a markedly high amount of amino acids for a seasoning, with twice the amount of amino acids found in soy sauce. When these amino acids blend with the other amino acids of the ingredients of a dish, the umami flavor is amplified and brings a whole new level of taste to any cooking.
It could be said that Ayu Fish Sauce is not just a seasoning, but also a "flavor balancer". When added at the end of the cooking process, various disparate flavors are unified, creating a well-balanced delicious dish.
This sauce is great for a wide variety of dishes including carpaccio, steaks, marinades, hot pot, soups, rice dishes, noodles, etc. This sauce can also be used in place of Asian fish sauce (such as nam pla) for South East Asian style dishes, and it can bring the flavor of the dish to a whole new level.
Mrs. Donabe's Recipe Suggestions
Chirashi Sushi with Soy-Marinated Tuna
Nao Man Gai (Chicken Over Rice)
Chinese-Style Steamed Fish
Pork Keema Curry
Dashi-Rich Steam-Fry Hiramasa and Napa Cabbage
Lemon Butter Yellowtail and Daikon
Daidai Chive Sauce
Make Your Own Steamed Chicken Pho
Shrimp Wonton Hot Pot
Thai-Style Basil Chicken Over Rice
Garlic Black Cod
- Net volume: 6.6 fl.oz | 200 ml
- Ingredients: Ayu (sweet fish), salt
- Producer: Hara Jirozaemon (Maruhara)
- Origin: Oita, Japan
Usage & Care
- Keep at cool place and avoid exposure to sunlight
- Refrigerate after opening
- Usually ships out in-stock items within 3 business days of order.
- We use FedEx, USPS Priority Mail, or USPS First Class Mail to ship our products, depending on the size and weight of the package.
- Read about the shipping information and terms in our Customer Service Page.
- Free shipping with purchase of $375 or more! (Within Continental US only. Total purchase amount to qualify excludes free shipping offer items.)
- This item is not available to ship outside of Continental US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order for the shipment outside of Continental US, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.
- This item is not available to ship outside of the US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.