Hoping to share a little happiness at the table with people all over the world, Zoho-Gama, located in Tajimi City in Gifu Prefecture, has been maintaining local traditions in manufacturing ceramic goods with excellent hand-drawn techniques since 1944. They strive to enhance your daily dining experience with easy-to-use tableware with quality and craftmanship you can see and feel.
Mino-yaki earthenware is specialty pottery produced in the Mino Region (around current Toki City) of Gifu prefecture which began in the 7th century. Mino-yaki continues to adapt to modern lifestyles while preserving its history and tradition. One of the signature characteristics of Mino-yaki earthenware is its diversity. Mino-yaki does not adhere to a single form, as it has over 15 registered types of traditional handicraft in Japan.
Aka Kannyu Series
This series showcase the beautiful natural crackles called Kannyu, as a natural result of the different expansion rate between the base clay material and glaze. They look like veins and no two pieces have the same kannyu patterns. The Kannyu crackles design in pottery has been appreciated as wabi-sabi beauty in Japan since ancient times.
This series features the special pinkish red color running all over the crackles. The pigment used for this color is very special at Zoho-Gama. They "raise" this pigment by blending and grinding into paint by taking about 1,000 days and nurture into the stark lacquer red. The original pigment, Bengara is made from natural ore materials by a historic pigment vendor, Katayama House, established more than 200 years ago in Okayama during Edo Period. You can appreciate the true artisanal details of this piece. Also, as you use the piece, you can also enjoy the development of the color nuances, so it makes the piece even more personal.
This mini pitcher is ideal for serving milk, syrup for your drink, or a sauce at a table.
- Size: 3.5" x 2.5" x 2.5" high | 8.8 cm x 6.5 cm x 6.5 cm high
- Weight: 3.8 oz | 120 g
- Capacity: 4 fl oz | 120 ml
Origin: Gifu, Japan
Usage and Care
- This product is not microwave-safe. Do not set the product on any other direct heat.
- Hand wash only. Make sure to dry completely before storing. This product is not dishwasher safe.
- Food should not be stored in the product, as the porous clay could absorb the moisture and smell of the contents over time.
- Avoid any sharp temperature change on the product, as it could cause cracking.
- Do not freeze the product, as it might crack.