Aged for 3 Years by 200-year-old Brewery
Tamari Soy Sauce by Ito ShotenTO-28
Ito Shoten is a 200 plus year old tamari and miso company nestled in Taketoyo, Aichi Prefecture. Currently run by the spry 86-year old Tomijiro Ito (ninth generation) and his grandson (eleventh generation), Ito Shoten uses traditional methods to turn Japan-grown whole soybeans into tamari and miso.
Produced from only Japanese-grown soybeans and natural sea salt, slowly aged for three years in cedar casks, the tamari has a thick, caramel-ish, smoky, meaty, deep umami flavor that is well balanced, not very salty. We recommend that you do not cook with this special brew, just use as a dipping sauce and/or brush on meats, fish or whatever you prefer.
Mrs. Donabe's Recipe Suggestions
- Net weight: 6.9 fl oz | 200 ml
- Product weight: 14.1 oz | 400 g
- Ingredients: Water, Soy beans, Salt
- Producer: Ito Shoten
- Origin: Aichi, Japan
Usage & Care
- Please refrigerate once open
- Usually ships out in-stock items within 3 business days of order.
- We use FedEx, USPS Priority Mail, or USPS First Class Mail to ship our products, depending on the size and weight of the package.
- Read about the shipping information and terms in our Customer Service Page.
- Free shipping with purchase of $375 or more! (Within Continental US only. Total purchase amount to qualify excludes free shipping offer items.)
- This item is not available to ship outside of Continental US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order for the shipment outside of Continental US, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.
- This item is not available to ship outside of the US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.