Premium Short Grain Rice from Niigata, Japan
Niigata Koshihikari RiceMT20487
Niigata-grown premium rice.
Niigata Prefecture boasts astounding natural beauty. Looking out over the Sea of Japan to the West and surrounded by majestic mountains on its other three sides, lush rice fields fan out over the region's serene landscape. Niigata is known throughout Japan's biggest harvest of rice, which is essential to Japanese cuisine. Koshihikari, Niigata's most celebrated variety of rice, is famous throughout Japan for its taste.
Large variations in temperature between night and day, the fertile soil of the Echigo Plain, and the pristine melting snow that feeds into the rice paddies create a natural environment ideal for nurturing Niigata's exquisite rice. Koshihikari in particular benefits from this environment as a resilient and savory rice variety with a delicate sweetness all its own.
When freshly cooked, it is fragrant, fluffy and tasty enough to be eaten on its own right out of the rice cooker.
Mrs Donabe's Recipe SuggestionsSlow Roasted Tomato Rice
Nao Man Gai (Chicken Over Rice)
Plain White Rice
Sweet Potato & Walnut Rice
Mochi Mugi Barley & Rice
Salmon and Ikura Sushi Rice Bowl
Chirashi Sushi with Soy-Marinated Tuna
Cherry Blossom & Tofu Skin Rice
Turmeric Rice with Mochi Mugi Barley
English Peas and Hijiki Rice
Pressed Smoked Salmon Sushi
Rice Balls with Three Kinds of Toppings (Summer Version)
Smoky Shoyu-Flavored Corn & Bacon Rice
Tomato Ginger Rice
Oil Sardine Rice
Mixed Mushroom Rice
Earthy Burdock Root Rice
Tuna Poke Rice Bowl
Bottarga and Matsutake Rice
Japanese Sweet Potato Rice
Pressed Sea Bream Sushi
Shrimp and Rapini Chirashi Sushi
Thai-Style Basil Chiken Over Rice
Smokey Shoyu Corn Hijiki Rice
Miso Butter Hot Pot with Salmon and Pork
Ginger Hijiki Beef Rice
Sea Bream Rice
Corn and Hijiki Rice
Seafood Chirashi Sushi
- Net Weight: 4.6 lbs | 2 kg
- Ingredients: Rice
- Producer: Shinmei
- Origin: Niigata, Japan
Usage and Care
- Store in a tightly-sealed container in a dry cool place.
- Basic rice cooking instructions with Kamado-san
- Usually ships out in-stock items within 3 business days of order.
- We use FedEx, USPS Priority Mail, or USPS First Class Mail to ship our products, depending on the size and weight of the package.
- Read about the shipping information and terms in our Customer Service Page.
- Free shipping with purchase of $375 or more! (Within Continental US only. Total purchase amount to qualify excludes free shipping offer items.)
- This item is not available to ship outside of Continental US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order for the shipment outside of Continental US, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.
- This item is not available to ship outside of the US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.