We are so excited to announce that we are opening our first brick-and-mortar shop in LA in mid September! The location is West Hollywood (we will inform the exact address closer to the opening), and the shop will feature hundreds of artisanal items including donabe, kitchenware, tableware, and more from Japan! We also create recipes using our donabe products for our website and social media and offer cultural/ cooking events. Our mission is to spread wonderful Japanese food culture and lifestyle through donabe cooking and specially selected products we offer at our shop. We are looking for creative-minded people who love Japanese culture and cooking and can grow our team together.
Please see more details below.
Happy donabe life.
- Love Japanese food and culture. Having knowledge about donabe cooking is a strong plus.
- Love to cook/ above basic cooking skill.
- Bilingual in Japanese and English.
- Excellent communication skills (in both writing and verbal).
- Prior experience in event planning is a strong plus.
- Clean, detail oriented, and high ability in multi-tasking.
- Proficient in MS Word/ Excel/ Outlook.
- Good with photography and/ or computer graphic skills is a plus.
- Good social media skills.
- Honest, positive, energetic and reliable.
- Team player who can work well with others and is willing to help others.
- Able to lift a heavy box (40 – 50 lbs).
- Must be US citizen or green card holder/ work visa holder with valid CA driver’s license.
RESPONSIBILITIES CAN INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO
- Customer service (both in person and online) / sales/ casher.
- Taking inventory/ stocking/ packing/ shipping orders.
- Making display and writing information cards of products.
- Translation of Japanese instruction material, etc. into English.
- Assisting in test kitchen and photo shoot.
- Planning and assisting in events and workshops.
- Planning and assisting in marketing and promotion including newsletter and social media.
- Assist any other tasks as assigned.
This is a part time position. At least 20 hours/ week. Must be able to work at least 3 – 4 weekend days per month.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email including cover letter and resume. Please write “TOIRO PART TIME POSITION” in the subject line.