Classic-style All-purpose DonabeProduct#
- Usually ships within 3 business days.
- Free shipping with purchase of $375 or more! (within Continental US only)
- Our minimum order is $35.
Share this Product
Classic Iga-yaki Donabe. Ideal for 2 - 4 people.
- Size: W30 cm (12") diameter – incl. handles x H14.5 cm (5")
- Capacity: 1,500 ml (about 6 cups)
- Weight: 1.7 kg (about 3.1 lbs) *very light!
Same artistic details. Ideal for individual serving.
- Size: W20 cm (8") diameter – incl. handles x H14cm (4.5")
- Capacity: 800 ml (about 3.5 cups)
- Weight: 0.8 kg (about 1.8 lbs)
Classic Iga-yaki Donabe (Yu-series), "Kiseto"
Classic-style donabe for many different purposes
This is a very classic-style donabe which you can use for many different kinds of dishes. In Japan, almost every household has at least one classic-style donabe and use it to cook a variety of hot pot dishes including shabu shabu and sukiyaki on tabletop with your family and friends. The classic-style donabe is also ideal for stewing or braising. Because Iga clay has the higher heat-resistance, you can cook with it over gas range or in the oven.
Light-weight Classic Iga-yaki donabe (Yu-series) "Kiseto"
"Yu-series, Kiseto" is a unique handleless donabe, which looks like a UFO. The wide rim of the donabe makes it easier for you to lift it.
"Yu-series" donabe is specially designed to be light-weight (about 2/3 weight of a regular donabe of the same size), so this can become your handy partner in the kitchen.
This donabe has the "unfinished" rustic beauty with the earthy tone. The donabe works great as an "all-purpose" donabe, or you can also use it as a serving bowl for wonderful presentation.
General Product Information
- Clay Pot (Ceramic)
- Made by Nagatani-en
- Origin: Iga, Japan
- The parts consist of the pot (bottom part) and the top lid
- The package also includes an English instruction sheet
- Not suitable for dishwasher