Artisanal Shiro Shoyu Made of Japanese Wheat and Sea Salt
White Tamari by Nitto JozoTO-42
White Tamari: Ultimate Shiro Shoyu
Started in 1938, Nitto Jozo produces artisanal White Tamari, also known as shiro shoyu utilizing Japanese wheat, sea salt and mountain spring water from the mountains of Toyota.
Unlike its darker counterparts, Nitto Jozo's White Tamari is a delicate condiment made from just four key ingredients: locally grown Japanese wheat, Japanese sea salt, mountain spring water, and koji.
With its pale color and nuanced taste, Shiro Shoyu is a preferred choice in Kyoto-style cuisine and beyond. The aromatic profile of Nitto Jozo's White Tamari features a robust maltiness, complemented by notes of koji and white miso, resulting in a harmonious blend of sweet, salty, and rich umami flavors.
Mrs. Donabe's Recipe Suggestions
Mixed Mushroom Rice
Earthy Burdock Root Rice
Japanese-style Simmered Kabocha
Japanese Beef & Potato Stew
Soup Udon with Steamed Vegetables
Chicken Meatball Hot Pot in Miso Broth
Taro and Konnyaku Stew
Egg Drop Vegetable Soup
Chicken Wings & Daikon Hot Pot
Soba with Hot Mushroom Dipping Broth
English Peas and Hijiki Rice
Egg-Topped Garlic Chives and Shiitake Mushrooms
Bamboo Shoot Rice
Shiso Chicken Meatball and Grated Daikon Hot Pot
Bottarga and Matsutake Mushroom Rice
Classic Japanese Chicken & Root Vegetables Stew
Shrimp Wonton Hot Pot
Sesame and Saikyo Miso Hot Pot with Chicken Meatballs
Shio-Kombu & Japanese Sweet Potato Rice
- Net weight: 10.5 oz. | 300 ml
- Product weight: 20.5 oz | 582 g
- Ingredients: Water, Wheat, Sea Salt, Rice Wine Spirit
- Producer: Nitto Jozo
- Origin: Aichi, Japan
Usage & Care
- NOT Gluten Free
- Please refrigerate once open
- The Lot Number in the label shows the production date (YYMMDD), and the "best by date" is 18 months from the production date. But, the 18 months is not an “expiration date”. It represents the time that the producer deems it to be in peak flavor.
- Usually ships out in-stock items within 3 business days of order.
- We use FedEx, USPS Priority Mail, or USPS First Class Mail to ship our products, depending on the size and weight of the package.
- Read about the shipping information and terms in our Customer Service Page.
- Free shipping with purchase of $375 or more! (Within Continental US only. Total purchase amount to qualify excludes free shipping offer items.)
- This item is not available to ship outside of Continental US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order for the shipment outside of Continental US, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.
- This item is not available to ship outside of the US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.