Artisan Soy Sauce by 300-year-old Brewery
Mitsuboshi Soy Sauce by Horikawaya NomuraTO-26
Currently run by 18th generation Mr. Nomura, Horikawaya Nomura is a 300-year-old soy sauce company located in Gobo City, Wakayama Prefecture. Having perfected their methods over centuries, Horikawaya Nomura still uses wood fires to make their soy sauce. The end product is what we believe is one of the world’s best soy sauces.
The flavor has sweet soy note with the slightest hint of smoke and such a balanced umami - it is a truly remarkable brew. The level of flavors is amazing, one playing off each other. Simply put, this is the best soy sauce we have ever tasted.
Mrs. Donabe's Recipe Suggestions
Shio-Koji Salmon Over Butter Sweet Potatoes
Chirashi Sushi with Soy-Marinated Tuna
Rapini in Sesame Karashi Sauce
Soba with Hot Mushroom Dipping Broth
Pork Shumai Dumplings
Soy-Simmered Beef and Burdock
Oil Sardine Rice
Simmered Bamboo Shoots in Dashi Broth
Bamboo Shoot Rice
Cold Soba with Black Vinegar Dipping Sauce
Pressed Smoked Salmon Sushi
Smoked Chinese-style Cold Noodles
Cold Somen Noodles with Golden Sesame Dipping Sauce
Chilled Tofu with Condiments
Tuna Poke Rice Bowl
Chicken and Tofu Hot Pot with Egg
Sansho Ponzu Sauce
Shiso Chicken Meatball and Grated Daikon Hot Pot
Bottarga and Matsutake Mushroom Rice
Green Beans and Nori Salad
Classic Japanese Chicken & Root Vegetables Stew
Oyster Sauce Flavored Steam-Fry Pork Yakisoba Noodle
Simmered Egg Drop Chicken & Asparagus with Sansho Berries
Steamed Green Beans and Potatoes in Sesame Peanut Butter Sauce
Nao-Jan (Naoko's Yakiniku Sauce)
Cold Udon with Sesame Soymilk Sauce
Miso Butter Hot Pot with Salmon and Pork
Steamed Black Cod with Soy-Negi Sauce
Spicy Soy-Marinated Tuna Rice Bowl
Sizzling Shoyu Chicken & Cabbage
Black Cod Sukiyaki with Grated Daikon
Ginger Hijiki Beef Rice
Shrimp Pork Shumai
Baked Foil-Wrapped Seafood
Mixed Mushroom and Hijiki Rice
Egg Drop Soba
- Net weight: 6.8 oz. | 200 ml
- Product weight: 15 oz | 427 g
- Ingredients: Water, Soy beans, Wheat, Salt
- Producer: Horikawaya Nomura
- Origin: Wakayama, Japan
Usage & Care
- Please refrigerate once open
- Usually ships out in-stock items within 3 business days of order.
- We use FedEx, USPS Priority Mail, or USPS First Class Mail to ship our products, depending on the size and weight of the package.
- Read about the shipping information and terms in our Customer Service Page.
- Free shipping with purchase of $375 or more! (Within Continental US only. Total purchase amount to qualify excludes free shipping offer items.)
- This item is not available to ship outside of Continental US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order for the shipment outside of Continental US, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.
- This item is not available to ship outside of the US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.