Cedar Barrel-Aged Natural Miso from Hida, Japan
Hida Koji MisoOS-06
Established in 1919 in the Hida region of Gifu Prefecture, Funatsu Shoyu specializes in artisanal miso and soy sauce products. All their products are fermented the traditional way in large cedar barrels in a natural environment.
This miso is fermented and aged in Funatsu Shoyu’s large historic cedar barrels (since 1919). As a result, it has taken advantage of the natural conditions of the barrels which breathes oxygen and allows the environment to be filled with probiotics unique to these barrels for decades. This miso has a hint of natural sweetness with rich umami flavor because it’s made of a higher ratio of koji (malted) rice compared to regular miso. Enjoy on its own as a dip for fresh vegetables, use for miso soup, sauce, marinade, etc.
- Net weight: 12.3 oz | 350 g
- Ingredients: Soybeans, Koji Rice, Salt, Alcohol
- Producer: Funatsu Shoyu
- Origin: Gifu, Japan
Usage & Care
- Refrigerate after opening
- Usually ships out in-stock items within 3 business days of order.
- We use FedEx, USPS Priority Mail, or USPS First Class Mail to ship our products, depending on the size and weight of the package.
- Read about the shipping information and terms in our Customer Service Page.
- Free shipping with purchase of $375 or more! (Within Continental US only. Total purchase amount to qualify excludes free shipping offer items.)
- This item is not available to ship outside of Continental US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order for the shipment outside of Continental US, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.
- This item is not available to ship outside of the US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.