Hechimon - One-of-a-Kind Collection from Shigaraki, Japan
Marui Seito is a third generation Shigaraki-yaki (Shigaraki ware) producer based in the town of Shigaraki in Shiga Prefecture. At Marui Seito, their craftsmen are committed to creating a wide range of pottery pieces with unremitting efforts to meet the needs of people since the Taisho period. Hechimon is Marui Seito's signature Shigaraki-yaki tableware collection. The name, Hechimon, is derived from the Japanese word used by the Shigaraki-yaki craftsmen for "one of a kind" or unique things. Just as no two people are the same, no two Shigaraki-yaki pieces will be identical. Embracing various shapes and patterns that both nature and craftsmen bring about, the name, Hechimon, represents the craftsmen's playfulness and truthfulness to their products.
Shigaraki-Yaki - One of the Six Ancient Kilns in Japan
Situated right below Lake Biwa and close to Kyoto, Shigaraki is one of the oldest pottery producing places in Japan, and its pottery producing history dates back over 1,200 years. Shigaraki-yaki (Shigaraki ware) is known as one of the six ancient kilns in Japan, and in 1976 Shigaraki-yaki was designated as one of Japan’s Traditional Handicrafts by the Japanese government.
Hechimon Bidoro Yohen Ibushi Extra Large Serving Plate
This serving plate is extra large and sturdy with the smokey ash glaze. This plate can easily become the centerpiece of your memorable dinner gathering. The coarse texture with bumpy spots is the signature Shigaraki-yaki wabi-sabi beauty of perfect "imperfection". The true one-of-a-kind artisan creation.
- Size: 15.3” diameter x 1.8” high (39 cm diameter x 4.5 cm high)
- Weight: 4 lb 8 oz (2 kg)
Producer: Marui Seito
Origin: Shigaraki, Shiga, Japan
Usage and Care
- This product is not microwave-safe. Do not set the product on any other direct heat.
- Hand wash only. Make sure to dry completely before storing. This product is not dishwasher safe.
- Food should not be stored in the product, as the porous clay could absorb the moisture and smell of the contents over time.
- Avoid any sharp temperature change on the product, as it could cause cracking.
- Do not freeze the product, as it might crack.