By 120+ year-old Brewery in Miyazu, Kyoto
Brown Rice Black Vinegar by Iio JozoTO-58
Iio Jozo is a 123-year-old vinegar producer located on the Sea of Japan near the town of Miyazu in Kyoto Prefecture. It produces what is arguably the highest quality rice vinegar in Japan by controlling the process from start to finish and sticking to traditional production methods.
This vinegar is made with brown rice grown in Tanba, Kyoto prefecture without the use of pesticides and blended with Iio Jozo's house-made sake. This particular vinegar is fermented and aged in a very traditional manner, using 240 grams of brown rice for every liter of black vinegar. This vinegar has a rich, malty taste but that is not too heavy. It is a very versatile vinegar and great for adding to broths, making vinaigrette, making sushi rice or even drinking with apple juice or sparkling water.
Mrs. Donabe's Recipe Suggestions
Egg Drop Vegetable Soup
Salmon, Shiitake & Watercress in Smokey Garlic Black Vinegar Sauce
Spicy Pork Sesame Hot Pot
Nao Man Gai (Chicken Over Rice)
Chinese-style Steamed Fish
Pork Keema Curry
Cold Soba with Black Vinegar Dipping Sauce
Cold Soba with Salmon Roe and Grated Daikon
Black Sesame Sauce
- Net weight: 16.9 fl oz | 500 ml
- Product weight: 1.1 lb | 770 g
- Ingredients: Water, Brown Rice
- Producer: Iio Jozo
- Origin: Kyoto, Japan
Usage & Care
- Store in a cool, dark place
- Read about the shipping information and terms in our Customer Service Page.
- Free shipping with purchase of $375 or more! (Within Continental US only. Total purchase amount to qualify excludes free shipping offer items.)
- This item is not available to ship outside of Continental US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order for the shipment outside of Continental US, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.
- This item is not available to ship outside of the US.
- Please note if this item is included in your order, shipping method or price won't show in the check out page, and you won't be able to proceed to check out.