Maintaining the tradition of Mino-yaki pottery since the 9th century, Yamasan-Miyake produces high quality tableware and has been a specialty donburi producer for over 20 years. They firmly believe that the overall enjoyment of a dish comes not only from the taste and aroma, but also from the vessel in which it is served. Their tableware is manufactured in a small-lot process allowing them to give attention to each individual piece. As a result, their bowls and plates have lasting durability and vivid color.
Mino-yaki earthenware is specialty pottery produced in the Mino Region (around current Toki City) of Gifu prefecture which began in the 7th century. Mino-yaki continues to adapt to modern lifestyles while preserving its history and tradition. One of the signature characteristics of Mino-yaki earthenware is its diversity. Mino-yaki does not adhere to a single form, as it has over 15 registered types of traditional handicraft in Japan
Akadami-Karakusa Shallow Wide Donburi Bowl
The traditional hand-painted arabesque design of the Akadami-Karakusa Donburi Bowl is vivid and eye catching. The size and shape of this bowl are ideal for cold noodles, but could also work as a salad bowl, or even for curry or other dishes. Bring centuries of craftmanship and artistry to your table with these unique pieces from a legendary manufacturer.
- Size: 9" x 2.5" | 23 cm x 6 cm high
- Weight: 1 lb 14 oz | 855 g
Origin: Gifu, Japan
Usage and Care
- This product is not microwave-safe. Do not set the product on any other direct heat.
- Hand wash only. Make sure to dry completely before storing. This product is not dishwasher safe.
- Food should not be stored in the product, as the porous clay could absorb the moisture and smell of the contents over time.
- Avoid any sharp temperature change on the product, as it could cause cracking.
- Do not freeze the product, as it might crack.