Sugahara (a.k.a SGHR) - Artisan Glassmaker since 1932
Established in Tokyo in 1932, the artisans at Sugahara have applied traditional Japanese design techniques to reveal and express the beauty of glass in ways never before seen, in handcrafted glassware for the tabletop and other uses. “Glass is alive.” “Communicate with glass.” This is how Sugahara artisans talk about glass. They communicate with glass by observing it and hearing its “voice” every day. As the artisans capture and shape the glass at its key moment – when it is extremely hot liquid – flowing liquid-like forms are created in keeping with the unique consistencies and intensity of the material, and the infinite characteristics of glass are explored and revealed to maximum effect in the end product.
At the current workshop in Chiba Prefecture, Sugahara continues to hand-craft unique and timeless pieces, and they boast over 4,000 original products in their catalogue.
CUBO Ichirin Flower Vase
This “almost” cubic vase can be placed with different sides down each time or can be stacked on each other using the same or different colored vases, which allows you to arrange flowers in various, unique ways that you’ve never seen before. Available in three colors: Clear, Wine Red, and Tan.
Each Piece is Different
Sugahara's glassware is individually handcrafted by their artisans and each piece is one of a kind. The item you receive may look slightly different from what you see online. A few small bubbles or lines may occur due to the nature of the material.
- Size: 3.1" x 3.1" x 3.1" high | 8 cm x 8 cm x 8 cm high
- Weight: 11.0 oz | 315 g
Usage and Care
- Hand wash only.
- Glass is very fragile. Please handle it gently and carefully. In the case of breakage, take care not to incur injury.
- Avoid any sharp temperature change on the product, as it could cause cracking.
- Scratched, cracked or chipped glassware may cause breakage. In such cases, please do not use the product.
- Please wash with a soft sponge. Some cleaners could make a scratch on the glass and cause damage.