Donabe-steamed version of a popular Korean side dish
Donabe steam-roaster, "Tochinsai" (large)
3 - 4 as a side dish
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, roasted and ground
- 1/4 teaspoon grated garlic
- a pinch of raw brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon light color soy sauce ("usukuchi shoyu")
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- a pinch of thinly-sliced dry chili or red pepper flakes
- 6 oz (180 g)soybean sprouts
- 1.5 oz (40 g) carrot, julienned
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the namul sauce. Set aside.
- Set a grate (black side up) in the plate of "Tochinsai". Spread the soybean sprouts on the grate and add the carrot on top of the soybean sprouts.
- Cover with lid and cook in microwave (700-watt) for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Uncover and turn the lid upside down. Once the vegetables are cooled down enough to handle by hand, transfer them into the lid and add the namul sauce. Mix by hand.
- Serve at a room temperature or cold.
Just pile the vegetables in “Tochinsai” and cook in microwave.
You can use “Tochinsai” lid as a bowl for mixing.
You can also use "Tochinsai" plate as a serving bowl.
About the measurements used in our recipes
- 1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml
1 cup = 240 ml1
inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml