Black Sesame Sauce
Great with steamed tofu, etc.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black sesame paste
- 1/2 tablespoon raw brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kurozu (Japanese black vinegar) or rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon la-yu (chili oil; optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground toasted black sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the black sesame paste and sugar.
- Gradually whisk in the kurozu and soy sauce, so that the mixture won’t become lumpy.
- Add the la-yu, and black sesame seeds. Stir well.
- The black sesame sauce can be kept refrigerated for up to 1 week.
About the measurements used in our recipes
|For rice measurement, traditional Japanese rice measurement is used.|
|1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml|
|Other conversions (US to metric measures)|
|1 cup = 240 ml
1 inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml