Korean-style Spicy Miso Condiment
Great condiment for BBQ meat, etc.
About 1/4 cup (60 ml)
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean fermented hot chili paste)
- 1 tablespoons miso
- 1/2 teaspoon raw brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced scallion
- 1 teaspoon toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon gochugaru (Korean chili flakes; optional)
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated (optional)
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve as a condiment for grilled meat or vegetable sticks.
- Ssamjang can be kept refrigerated for 2-3 days.
About the measurements used in our recipes
|For rice measurement, traditional Japanese rice measurement is used.|
|1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml|
|Other conversions (US to metric measures)|
|1 cup = 240 ml
1 inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml