Grilled Seafood with Ponzu Sauce
Iga-yaki Grill, "Yaki Yaki San"
- 6 pieces jumbo shrimp, shelled
- 4 oz (120 g) salmon filet for sashimi, sliced
- 4 oz (120 g) calamari legs
- some vegetables and mushrooms of your choice (such as asparagus, baby bell peppers, enoki mushrooms, etc.) (optional)
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil for the grill top
- 8 oz (240 g) daikon radish, grated
- 1/2 cup ponzu sauce
- some lettuce leaves
- some thinly-sliced scallion, daikon sprouts, thinly-slice garlic, and lemon wedges (optional)
- Season the seafood lightly with salt and pepper.
- Set a portable gas stove on a dining table. Set "Yaki Yaki San" on the stove, and pour water into the reservoir up to about 80% full.
- Heat "Yaki Yaki San" over high heat for 5 minutes. Turn down the heat to medium.
- By using a brush or folded paper towel, rub the oil all over the grill top.
- Place the seafood on the grill and cook until your desired doneness. Grill vegetables, if you like, too.
- Serve with ponzu sauce and grated daikon. You can also make lettuce wraps, too.
Each person gets a bowl of dipping sauce. Stir in some grated daikon or you can also use it as a topping. Lettuce and other condiments can provide other serving variations.
Jumbo shrimp and calamari legs on the grill. Grill the ingredients to your desired doneness.
Sashimi salmon can be cooked to rare. Nice with some grated daikon and scallion.
Asparagus and baby bell peppers on the grill.
About the measurements used in our recipes
|For rice measurement, traditional Japanese rice measurement is used.|
|1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml|
|Other conversions (US to metric measures)|
|1 cup = 240 ml
1 inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml