Garlic Parmesan Chicken & Broccoli
Quick & healthy treat
Iga-yaki skillet, "Toban" (small)
2 small servings
- 3 chicken tenders (about 5 oz/ 150 g total), sliced on the diagonal into bite-size pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 oz (150 g) broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon or more grated Parmesan cheese
- Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add a generous pinch of salt. Blanch the broccoli for 1 minute or until it’s still slightly firm. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in "Togban" over medium-heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes or until the bottom sides are lightly browned. Turn and cook for additional 2 minutes or until the chicken is barely cooked through.
- Add the broccoli and quickly stir. Add the sake and stir until it’s reduced to almost nothing. Adjust the seasoning with some salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and sprinkle Parmesan cheese to serve.
About the measurements used in our recipes
|For rice measurement, traditional Japanese rice measurement is used.|
|1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml|
|Other conversions (US to metric measures)|
|1 cup = 240 ml
1 inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml