Plain quinoa becomes so fluffy and tasty with Kamado-san
Double-lid donabe rice cooker, "Kamado-san" (1 rice-cup size)
- 1 cup (240 ml) quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) water
- Combine the quinoa and water in "Kamado-san".
- Cover with both lids and cook over medium-heat for 20-25 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it rest undisturbed for 15-20 minutes.
- Fluff with a spatula and serve.
If you’re not sure if the quinoa is cooked in your first try, after 20 minutes, quickly open lids and check the inside. If the water is almost completely absorbed, you can turn off the heat and let it rest (with both covers on). Otherwise, cook a little longer.
The texture of each grain becomes so nice when cooked in donabe.
About the measurements used in our recipes
|For rice measurement, traditional Japanese rice measurement is used.|
|1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml|
|Other conversions (US to metric measures)|
|1 cup = 240 ml
1 inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml