Mixed Mushroom Rice
Love the earthy treat. Try with your choice of mushrooms.
Double-lid donabe rice cooker, "Kamado-san" (3 rice-cup size)
- 1 1/2 rice cups (270 ml) short grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 rice cup (180 ml) sweet rice, rinsed and drained (can substitute with short grain rice)
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons (390 ml) dashi stock (can substitute with your choice of stock)
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoon usukuchi shoyu (light color soy sauce)
- about 8 ounces (250 g) assorted mushrooms (shiitake, king oyster, and enoki mushrooms are used in the photo), trimmed and cut into bite small slices
- In "Kamado-san", combine both kinds of rice, dashi, sake, and soy sauce. Let the rice soak for 20 minutes. Spread the mushrooms over the rice.
- Cover "Kamado-san" with both lids and cook over medium-high heat for 13-15 minutes, or until 2-3 minutes after the steam starts puffing out of the top lid.
- Turn off the heat and let it stand for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and gently toss the contents with a rice paddle.
Generous amount of mushrooms are spread over the rice and ready to cook.
Just cooked and ready to mix.
About the measurements used in our recipes
|For rice measurement, traditional Japanese rice measurement is used.|
|1 rice-cup = 3/4 US cup = 180 ml|
|Other conversions (US to metric measures)|
|1 cup = 240 ml
1 inch (1") = 2.5 cm
1 ounce (1 oz) = 30 ml