Join the team!
We are looking for a very strong candidate who will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the shop, online marketing, event planning, and make sure the exceptional customer service. The candidate must also be a creative-minded positive person who loves Japanese culture (especially food culture), has appreciation in artisanal products, and is willing to grow our business together.
- Love Japanese food and culture. Having knowledge about donabe (Japanese earthenware pot) cooking is a strong plus.
- Must be able to work 5 days/ week including weekend and holidays.
- Great team player/ leadership skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Strong ability to manage tasks under high pressure.
- Bilingual in English and Japanese is a strong plus.
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills (in both writing and verbal).
- Must be a quick learner to build detailed knowledge about every product.
- Prior experience in event planning is a strong plus.
- Clean, detail oriented, and high ability in multi-tasking.
- Proficient in MS Word/ Excel/ Outlook. Must be able to operate/ quickly learn how to operate Shopify and other online applications.
- Good with photography and/ or computer graphic skills is a plus.
- Great social media skills.
- Honest, positive, energetic and reliable.
- Team player who can work well with others and is willing to help others.
- Able to lift and move a heavy box (40 – 50 lbs).
- Love to cook/ above basic cooking skill is a strong plus.
- Experience in retail/ hospitality/ marketing industry is preferred.
- Must be US citizen or green card holder/ work visa holder with valid CA driver’s license.
RESPONSIBILITIES CAN INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO
- Making sure the best customer service (both in person and online).
- Understand all the products and can explain each product and background stories to the customers.
- Taking inventory/ stocking/ packing/ shipping orders.
- Placing orders.
- Correspondence with the business clients and vendors (both in English and Japanese).
- Making display and writing information cards of products.
- Online marketing including social media and newsletters.
- Creating new product pages/ product photo shoot.
- Translation of Japanese instruction material, etc. into English.
- Assisting in test kitchen.
- Planning events and workshops.
- Planning marketing and promotion including newsletter and social media.
- Planning and assisting any other tasks as assigned.
- Retail Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Online marketing (Preferred)
Associate Degree or higher (Preferred)
This is a full-time position. 5 days/ week, and must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
Hourly rate and it will be discussed at the interview.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send an email including cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Application without cover letter will not be accepted. Please write “TOIRO FULL TIME POSITION” in the subject line.