MANAGER IN TRAINING/ EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CEO
We are looking for a positive and enthusiastic person who will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the shop (both physical location and online), can lead the team members, make sure the exceptional customer service, and also become the right hand to the owner. The candidate must also be a creative-minded person and self-motivator who loves Japanese culture (especially food culture), has appreciation in artisanal products, and is willing to grow our business together. This is a position for someone who is confident to wear multiple hats, can assist the owner closely, and can always do great job under pressure. If you are confident you would be the right person, please send a resume with a cover letter explaining why you would be the perfect candidate for the position.
RESPONSIBILITIES CAN INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO
- Making sure the best customer service (both in person and online).
- Understand all the products and can explain each product and background stories to the customers.
- Offer personalized assistance to the owner and fulfill tasks directly given by the owner.
- Understand the owner’s vision, value, and goals closely, and always have a positive helpful attitude.
- Run both business and personal errands for the owner as needed.
- Taking inventory/ stocking/ packing/ shipping orders.
- Placing orders.
- Make sure the shop is always “spotless” clean and tidy to the owner’s standard.
- Maintain the great team relationship and properly and effectively assign tasks to staff members.
- Motivate the staff and make sure to maintain the strong work ethic among them.
- Correspondence with the business clients and vendors.
- Making display and creating information cards of products.
- Online marketing including social media and newsletters.
- Creating new product pages/ conduct product photo shoot.
- Creating product instruction material, etc.
- Assisting in test kitchen.
- Planning events and workshops.
- Planning marketing and promotion including newsletter and social media.
- Planning and assisting any other tasks as assigned.
- Love Japanese food and culture. Having knowledge about donabe (Japanese earthenware pot) cooking is a strong plus.
- Understand TOIRO brand and its style.
- Must be able to work 5 days/ week including weekend and holidays.
- Flexible to work outside of regular hours/ overtime as needed.
- Strong leadership skills. Must have high ability to be able to motivate the fellow staff members to do their best work and keep the strong work ethic.
- Must be able to delegate jobs and tasks properly to staff members.
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Strong ability to manage tasks under high pressure. Strong work ethic.
- Can get the tasks done fast and precisely without procrastination.
- Self-motivator and fast learner. Must have ability to follow directions.
- Willing to understand the owner’s needs/ situations and be helpful.
- Willing to take challenges as opportunities. Willing to take initiative. Can stay positive under difficult situations and/ or getting rejected.
- Excellent communication skills (in both writing and verbal).
- Bilingual in English and Japanese is a strong plus.
- Must be a quick learner to build detailed knowledge about every product.
- Great research skills. Has ability to sense what should be researched even before getting requested to do so.
- Prior experience in event planning is a strong plus.
- Clean, detail oriented, and high ability in multi-tasking.
- Proficient in MS Word/ Excel/ Outlook. Must be able to operate/ quickly learn how to operate Shopify and other online applications.
- Good with photography and/ or computer graphic skills is a plus.
- Great social media skills.
- Always honest, positive, energetic, enthusiastic, interested, friendly, and reliable.
- Team player who can work well with others and is willing to help others.
- Ability to lift and move a heavy box (40 – 50 lbs) safely.
- Ability to stand for many hours.
- Love to cook/ above basic cooking skill is a strong plus.
- Must be US citizen or green card holder/ work visa holder with valid CA driver’s license.
- Retail Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Online marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Executive assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
Associate Degree or higher (Preferred)
Hourly rate and it will be discussed at the interview.
Paid time off after 3 months
This is a full-time position. 5 days/ week, and must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and outside of regular hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email including cover letter explaining why you would be the perfect candidate for the position, and resume. Application without cover letter will not be accepted. Please write “TOIRO FULL TIME POSITION” in the subject line.